Internet Distribution System
Travelmed IDS places your hotel on the major international travel web sites The Travelmed IDS system brings you new reservations by listing your hotel on major travel web sites around the world, including Travelocity, Expedia, Hotel.de, and the Travelnow network. And Travelmed IDS puts your hotel on these web sites without any need to sign expensive Net Rate programs that require big discounts in your rates.
Each year, travel portals spend hundreds of millions promoting their web sites. They attract millions of users a month. Now your hotel can benefit from these large marketing budgets when your hotel is listed on these web sites.
IDS is short for Internet Distribution System. IDS is a collection of networks that enables hotels to be booked in real time over the internet. Travel web sites such as Expedia, Hotel.de and Opodo use the Pegasus network. Travelocity and the Travelnow group of affiliated web sites are powered by the GDS networks.
When you are part of Travelmed GDS, your hotel will be listed on both the Pegasus and the GDS networks, ensuring that your hotel will appear on the maximum number of travel web sites.
Internet Distribution FeaturesWORLDWIDE PRESENCE
There are 7 dominant third party intermediaries or internet distribution channels (IDS) online and each of them has thousands of affiliated websites. When you register through Pegasus on any of these IDS you get registered on their affiliated websites.
Connect seamlessly to most of the leading travel websites including Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Lastminute.com and the four global distribution systems.
MARKET REACH ONLINE
Effective and easy way to market your hotel on the Internet. It is extensively used by travel agents and is also the most common booking mechanism for consortia and negotiated corporate rates.
ONLINE DISTRIBUTION STRATEGY
Opening out your inventory to new online distribution channels is an effective method to capture new market share.
Manage Internet Distribution System
Travelmed will provide you the ability to manage the Internet Distribution Systems by:
- Getting your property loaded on all Internet reservation systems
- Helping you load all property information with focus on keyword density.
- Loading room-types & information about room amenities with focus on keyword & key phrase density.
- Writing professional SEO content pages
- Optimizing content
- Loading photos, maps, etc.
- Loading rates, specials, packages, allotments, cut-off dates & minimum length of stays
- Maintaining allotments (open/closed) based on market demand
- Monitoring actions and rates of competitive hotels.
- Mining data through guest reviews
- Providing periodic analysis reports
- Building appropriate links
- Insuring your META NAME= "DESCRIPTION" CONTENT and META NAME= "KEYWORD" CONTENT is correct
- Updating your website regularly
Internet Distribution Benefits
- Your hotel will be competitively placed and well presented on the Internet Distribution System
- You will save your reservation agent’s time to focus on quality service.
- By focusing on direct customers, you will get more satisfied guests.
- You will save your sales manager time to focus on building relations with corporate customers
- Your will save your revenue manager time to focus on marketing strategy analysis
- It is an effective and easy way to place your hotel on the Internet market.
- Internet Market is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- It is extensively used by travel agents and some travel websites.
- It allows you implement an online distribution strategy – offer your inventory to new online distribution channels is an effective method to capture new market share.
© 2012 Travelmed Group
© 2012 Travelmed Group